Contemporary Dance Masterclasses
This Contemporary Dance Masterclass will celebrate each young Dancer’s talents whilst developing their dance athleticism and artistry.
Together we will work on:
- Developing a flexible and healthy body
- Exploring a wide range of shapes and dynamics, including a smooth relationship with the floor
- Increasing self-awareness of position and movement in time and space (kinaesthesia)
- Expanding movement quality as a result of energy economy
- Enjoying our dance training as a facet of our artistry
- Practising non-hierarchical ways of social relationship
- Making creative decisions according to judgement and determination
- Maintaining an anatomical and physiological perspective, according to medical statements
- Trying new exciting things and taking home exercises that will support ongoing Dance advancement
Working as a group Jade will coach individual dancers. Focusing on their particular creative stories and ways of expressing while advising how to refine personal technique, improvisation, composition and performance skills.
First Wednesday of NSW School Holidays
Autumn : Wed 13 April 2022
Winter : Wed 6 July 2022
Spring : Wed 28 September 2022
NORPA @ Lismore City Hall
8–12 years : 9am–12noon
13–17 years : 1–4pm
$100 Creative Kids Vouchers from NSW Government can be used for this program
BOOK NOW 8–12 YEARS
BOOK NOW 13–17 YEARS
Facilitator : Jade Dewi Tyas Tunggal
Australian born dance-artist, choreographer, director and educator, Jade Dewi Tyas Tunggal, with First Fleet convict Scottish heritage she is also directly descended from Yogyakarta’s first Sultan 1755 (Kangjeng Hamengku Buwana) and Borobudur, Java Buddhist Community 800AD.Newtown High of Performing Arts Dux, Bachelor Dance Honours (University of Florida USA) and Master Choreography High Distinction (University of Melbourne) all support 25 years of award-winning touring and international dance-culture-embodiment studies.
Jade’s performance history embraces live-art disciplines, including working with Movement Research NYC, Miami Dance Futures, Australian Choreographic Centre, Mirramu Dance Company, Victorian Opera, Chunky Move, Indonesia Contemporary Art Network, Outback Theatre for Young People, Beyond Empathy and The Bodycartography Project. Her ongoing work with NORPA includes Education services and Making new theatre works including Choreographing ‘Djurra’ and Directing ‘Flow’.
Transformational stories inform Jade’s original multimedia works in theatres, galleries, museums, video, public and wild spaces. Touring works, including ‘Opal Vapour, ‘Enfold’, and ‘6/7 Empty’ spark audiences’ imaginations with articulate and powerful inter-arts performances. Her current theatre work in development is ‘Smoke’, a trans-indigenous collaboration with Kirk Page that reweaves culture and nature in a quest for healing.