Current positions available
NORPA is based on Bundjalung country. We create original live performance works that are place-based, physical, relevant and contemporary. NORPA is a company that makes theatre from the ground up. We program and co-produce shows by leading national companies, but creating original Australian work is at the heart of what we do and why we exist.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a nationally respected and much-loved regional performing arts organisation we are looking for the right person with the passion and experience to contribute to envisaging the future of NORPA. We have an exceptional Artistic Director and CEO, backed up by a forward-thinking, collaborative Board of Directors. With an Executive Director who can drive the execution of our strategy and support delivery of the vision to enhance the national profile of NORPA, we will be unstoppable.
Our Executive Director will lead the development of NORPA from a business and organisational perspective, ensuring a healthy, robust and sustainable organisation with a supportive and rewarding workplace culture and strong partnerships, nationally and locally.
We are seeking someone to help lead our team through a very exciting new chapter of growth and opportunity and expect the successful candidate will have experience in a broad range of executive management skills that will enable them to drive and support NORPA to achieve our strategic plan. Key to your success will be a demonstrated vision, passion and drive for the performing arts and the future of a key regional arts organisation.
- Strategy & Management – To ensure the organisation has a viable operational plan that realises the strategic plan 2021-2024. To express the vision and achieve the goals of NORPA.
- Financial / Governance – Best practice financial management and effective governance whilst building revenue and financial reserves to enable achievement of vision and strategic plan.
- Funding & Sponsorship – To obtain sustainable sources of funding for future growth and stability through the development of partnerships, grants and philanthropy, maintaining excellent relationships with all partners and stakeholders including the foundation and relevant public funding bodies at Federal, State and Local levels.
- Business Development – Implement an effective business development plan that increases revenue and operations for NORPA and provides sustainable revenue streams in the long term.
- Human Resources – To develop and enhance a strong and respectful workplace culture ensuring NORPA operates in line with the organisation’s values. The ED will see that NORPA has the right time with the right systems and processes to support them.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline and/ or extensive relevant management experience in a performing arts complex.
- Demonstrated experience in business management at an executive level – minimum of 3 years in a small to medium organisation, either in the not-for-profit or commercial sector.
- A demonstrated vision, passion and drive for the performing arts and the future of a key regional arts organisation.
- Experience in strategic planning and development, and the successful development and execution of operational plans and organisational governance.
- Demonstrated experience in effective business development, planning and change management.
- Strong understanding and ability to implement best practice financial management including financial targets and reporting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable sources of revenue through the development of partnerships, grants, philanthropy, and credit, including relevant public funding bodies at federal, state and local level.
- Extensive team leadership experience with a history of maintaining strong relationships and building systems that support and enhance legal compliance, exceptional performance and a strong, healthy, creative and respectful workplace culture.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, including demonstrated experience in building collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
SEE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION HERE
HOW TO APPLY
Written submissions, including a letter outlining why you are right for the role and your resume, to be sent to [email protected] no later than 6pm Monday 18th July 2022.
Please contact Yasmin Lawrence with any questions or for a confidential discussion of the position.
P: 0431 262 162