Indigenous Makers’ Studio – Artist Residency
NORPA are excited to announce a brand new residency opportunity as part of the Indigenous Makers’ Studio.
The Artist Residency will support an Indigenous artist and/or artistic team to: research and develop a new work, continue developing an existing work or get a work to presentation.
What we’re looking for:
- An original performance work at any stage of development.
- A clear vision, rationale and plan for the development of the work.
- Potential for a community engagement component to the work. This could be through workshops, community research, open rehearsals, in-house showing, community participation etc.
When: August – October 2019
Where: The Studio, NORPA
- Artist fee ($8000).
- Budget towards research, materials, equipment hire (up to $2000).
- Contribution to flights, ground travel and accommodation.
- 2-4 weeks of studio time between August and October 2019 (dates will need to be negotiated around Studio availability).
- Production support during creative development and/or presentation (basic sound, lighting, staging etc).
- Promotion and co-ordination of a community showing and/or peer feedback session.
- Marketing and documentation support.
Applications are closed.
For more information contact Valley Lipcer via [email protected]
The Indigenous Makers’ Studio was made possible through Create NSW – Creative Koori Aboriginal Strategic Program funding and has been designed to elevate and enhance the skill set of the next generation of young, Indigenous storytellers and performers.
Photo | Horses Mouth (2017), Artist Jaymen Drahm. Image by Kate Holmes.